TeamQuest SMFII reports on computer system performance and locates performance bottlenecks. With it you can analyze the present and the past, from one to multiple servers, and from high-level information to detailed component and user activity. TeamQuest SMFII allows you to manage multiple ClearPath MCP systems from one place.
TeamQuest SMFII collects and displays system resource information for hardware components and software applications in concise, understandable charts and tables. It offers a comprehensive set of statistics, including detailed information on CPU, memory, I/O, disk, network, process, and operating system internals. These statistics are collected at the system, workload, resource, and task levels.
TeamQuest SMFII gives you the ability to observe and manage the performance of your systems:
- Inspect and ensure service level objectives
- Identify who or what is causing system slowdowns
- Measure new application impact
- Track hardware configurations
- Manage multiple systems by exception
Note: The SMFII data collectors gather statistics on system-wide CPU utilization, memory usage, I/O usage, disk space utilization, tasks, NAP, and any application that is instrumented to collect performance-related statistics. Additional data sources can be found using TeamQuest Probes, which gathers statistics on COMS, DMSII, LINC, and BNAV2.
TeamQuest SMFII lets you analyze interaction ranging from overall CPU utilization (right) to task details.
Comprehensive Data Collection
- Provide I/O device activity statistics and disk space information with the I/O and Family I/O data collectors
- Provide information using the Mixtrace data collector for processor, memory, and I/O usage for each task executing in the system. This information is summarized into user-defined workloads by the Mix Workload data collector.
- Collect system-wide information on processor and memory usage, overlay and I/O activities, disk caching and queue lengths using the Globals data collector
- Extract information from the Network Applications Platform using the NAP data collectors. Statistics about the voice file, application response time, and utilization of resource groups, NIUs, and ports are provided.
- Combine data from the resources being used and the applications using them into a single source for information, investigation and reporting
- Collect data from several ClearPath MCP systems and display the information on a single console or multiple workstations
- Adjust the user interface to depict the information the way you want to see it
- View side-by-side comparisons of before and after activity seamlessly in charts and graphs
- Maintain a compact historical record of system performance behavior and application components
- Configure your workload characteristics to collect information by business application
- Add your own mission critical statistics unique to your system to the TeamQuest performance database to monitor and analyze along with all other statistics
Past and Present Reporting
- Receive early warning of potential problems with user-defined thresholds and alarms
- Observe alarm states within TeamQuest SMFII or publish them to management consoles with SNMP traps
- See changes in system activity as it happens
- Tailor performance reports to meet your unique needs
- Collect statistics at the system, workload, resource, and task levels to give a comprehensive view of system performance