Engineer Mark Manness' breakout session focused on understanding that performance instrumentation at all levels (e.g., application, guest OS, virtual machine, host) is necessary for successful capacity management on VMware. The three main takeaways from his presentation:
- Monitoring inside the Guest OS is an important piece of the performance puzzle
- What some of the Host and Virtual Machine metrics mean and how they can be used.
- Appreciate the numerous modeling options available on the VMware platform.
- Physical to Virtual planning
- Proper configuration of virtual machines
- Using data from smaller benchmarks to size larger workloads.
Thanks for the post Mark.