- Saves time and money by:
- Finding cost-effective configurations
- Avoiding costly and time-consuming performance bottlenecks
- Automating capacity management
- Automatically predicts future performance and notifies you well in advance of problems, delivering the information you need to avoid the bottleneck before it actually happens. (See "TeamQuest Risk Prediction?")
- Allows you to reliably meet service levels without undue expense.
- Helps ensure project success at a minimal cost, by ensuring production systems will handle new workloads.
- Provides advanced analytics for comprehensive application, service and system health monitoring. (See "TeamQuest Performance Indicator?")
- Provides unbiased, vendor-neutral guidance, showing what you really need as opposed to what your vendor says you need.
- Improves your return on your IT investment, by helping you get the best possible performance for your IT dollars.
- Reduces or eliminates over-provisioning, by identifying the least expensive way to accommodate service level requirements.
- Aids virtualization & server consolidation decisions, helping find the most cost-effective combination and configuration of resources.
How it works
TeamQuest Predictor takes the rocket science out of predictive analytics, putting the speed and accuracy of a powerful analytic queuing network solver into the hands of everyday systems administrators and capacity managers.
TeamQuest Predictor can be used either for traditional Capacity Planning, or as a predictive monitoring and analysis tool via its Automated Capacity Analytics capabilities.
When used for capacity planning, the tool uses baseline measurements and configuration information from the distributed TeamQuest CMIS to calculate an accurate starting-point or "baseline" analytic model. The results of that baseline model can oftentimes reveal problems with existing configurations, showing which infrastructure components are responsible for the largest portion of response time.
TeamQuest Predictor Architecture Diagram
After a baseline model has been calculated, the user can make changes to the hardware/software configuration being modeled and TeamQuest Predictor will reveal how the changes will affect performance. TeamQuest Predictor can also determine how applications will perform if workloads increase, even helping to identify which infrastructure components will become bottlenecked first, and when.
Automated Capacity Analytics
TeamQuest Predictor can provide a automated version of the predictive technology that drives it’s powerful capacity planning tool. To provide this automation TeamQuest Predictor uses TeamQuest CMIS to calculate predictions on the fly. You get near real-time calculations of service health, see TeamQuest Performance Indicator. You can even get predictions of future service health, see TeamQuest Risk Prediction.
TeamQuest Predictor adds Risk Prediction and TPI calculation to the TeamQuest CMIS
TeamQuest Performance Indicator
The TeamQuest Performance Indicator (TPI) is a single, easy-to-understand, but sophisticated metric reflecting overall application or system health. It’s yet another tool for optimizing capacity and minimizing risk.
TPI is more accurate than other summary KPIs, because it is based on an advanced analytic queuing network solver. TPI is a single 0 to 100 metric that facilitates at-a-glance application and system health reporting using tools such as TeamQuest Analyzer and TeamQuest Surveyor.
Automated TPI calculations are added to TeamQuest CMIS by TeamQuest Predictor, and because TeamQuest CMIS can supply data to TeamQuest Analyzer and TeamQuest Surveyor, all these tools are effectively enhanced when you get TeamQuest Predictor.
TeamQuest Predictor's automated TPI calculations can be calculated in near real time and stored by TeamQuest CMIS to be picked up by TeamQuest Analyzer and TeamQuest Surveyor for health analysis and reporting. Also available together with the TPI calculations are components-of-response time estimates that make it easier to determine where exactly bottlenecks are occurring.
TeamQuest Risk Prediction
TeamQuest Risk Prediction provides automated, forward-looking predictive analysis of all your IT services. It can alert you in advance of trouble, providing a specific and focused warning so that you can avoid disaster. It tells were to focus your attention to avoid predicted problems.
For more information, see our dedicated TeamQuest Risk Prediction page.
Why its better
TeamQuest Predictor understands non-linear behavior, with powerful, proven technology based on queuing network theory.
This diagram shows the non-linear effects of increasing loads on response time
- It’s automatic, predicting service health (TPI) in near real time and enabling you to quickly build advanced predictive models in hours that then deliver results in minutes.
- Is proactive, telling you BEFORE you have a problem.
- Provides accurate predictions, typically within 95%, via an easy-to-use analytic queuing network solver.
- Makes sophisticated capacity planning easy, by automating all of the complicated math for you.
- Understands the details that affect capacity, such as multi-threaded environments & partitioning configuration options.
- Adds sophisticated automated application health and system health calculations (TPI) to TeamQuest CMIS.
- Enables automated predictive monitoring and alerting via its TeamQuest Risk Prediction capability in TeamQuest CMIS.
- Allows you to experiment with what-if scenarios to find the best configuration for handling forecasted workloads.
- Predicts how infrastructure will perform if workloads change.
- Predicts response time from different components in a multi-tiered environment, allowing you to pinpoint the component responsible for a bottleneck.
- Determines the effects of changes to I/O devices, network bandwidth, and size or number of CPUs.
- Helps you find the optimal configuration for hypervisors.
- Forecasts the number of virtual systems your physical hosts will be able handle.
- Helps identify underutilized resources so they can be redeployed for other services.
- Determines best candidates for virtualization projects.
- Allows you to consolidate and/or virtualize servers with confidence.
- Predicts the performance impact of migrating from one operating system/hardware platform to another.
- Ensures selected configurations will satisfy service levels while meeting cost and power consumption limitations.
TeamQuest Predictor models these platforms:
- AIX on POWER
- Amazon EC2
- HP-UX on Itanium and PA-RISC
- Oracle Enterprise Linux x86 and x64
- Red Hat Ent. Linux on x86, x64, Itanium
- Solaris on UltraSPARC, x86, and x64
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server on x86, and x64
- Windows on x86, x64 and Itanium
- VMware ESX/ESXi Server on x86 and x64
- UltraSPARC T1
- UltraSPARC T2
- UltraSPARC T3
- SPARC T4
- SPARC T5
- SPARC64 VI
- SPARC64 VII
- Intel Xeon and Pentium 4 platforms running Windows or Linux
- Itanium running HP-UX