- Ensures availability and allows you to consistently meet IT SLAs, reporting on service performance & capacity in real time.
- Detects problems before they impact services, by proactively monitoring all of your IT infrastructure and applications.
- Enables fast root-cause identification & resolution, seamlessly taking you from symptoms to the details you need for diagnosis.
- Reduces training/staffing needs, by providing a common tool for heterogeneous environments.
- Enables analysis from a business point of view, processing business metrics together with related IT infrastructure measurements.
How it works
TeamQuest Analyzer uses TeamQuest CMIS to obtain detailed data regarding the performance of applications and services that may be implemented across many distributed servers and other IT infrastructure.
TeamQuest Analyzer Architecture Diagram
Using the unique capabilities of TeamQuest CMIS, TeamQuest Analyzer is able to provide both real-time and historical vendor-agnositic views of performance across both virtualized and physical resources used throughout your organization. You can view analysis results from an enterprise dashboard that summarizes performance and capacity from an IT or business service point of view.
Impending problems can detected by the TeamQuest CMIS performance monitoring function before users are affected. TeamQuest Analyzer's Discovery Correlation Analysis can used to quickly search for performance parameters related to observed symptoms, helping you to determine the root cause. You can seamlessly drill-down to the fine-grained details, including process-level data from servers, needed to diagnose and correct the problem.
Why its better
- Works in conjunction with TeamQuest CMIS, a powerful platform for data collection, data management, automated analytics, and monitoring
- Gives very accurate analysis of resource utilization, showing the consumption by IT and business services with precision.
- Sees the big picture and the details, with high-level dashboards drilling down to fine-grained, process-level details.
- Analyzes real-time performance of everything, providing a tool that can cross IT technology and application/service silos.
- Enables standardized IT Service Optimization, delivering consistent data & analysis throughout your organization.
- Advanced automated health monitoring and analysis using the TeamQuest Performance Indicator. (Requires TeamQuest Predictor and TeamQuest CMIS. See our TeamQuest Predictor page for more information.)
- Analyze problematic IT services or multi-tiered applications to identify the IT component causing the problem, regardless of where that component may reside.
- Automatically detect performance anomalies by comparing recent metrics with historical norms.
- Uses automated capacity analysis and performance monitoring to identify impending problems before they affect business.
- Compare actual performance to service levels in real time.
- Identify cycles and patterns in system behavior using trend analysis.
- Generate alarm events and send them to third-party consoles via SNMP traps or use the traps to automatically open trouble tickets in your Service Desk/Help Desk software.
- Determine how much of each resource is being consumed by each IT service, business process, department, or application.
- Customize your view of the IT infrastructure, such as by tier, by platforms, by hypervisor and guests, by location, or in terms of the IT services they support.
TeamQuest Analyzer Analyzes:
...both IT and business performance using a wide variety of data sources, including:
- Operating Systems
- AIX (including WPARs)
- Solaris (including Zones)
- IBM PowerVM
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Oracle VM Server for SPARC (LDOMs)
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (KVM)
- VMware vSphere (ESX/ESXi)
- SQL Server
- Web Servers
- Network devices via SNMP
- Network traffic between tiers
- Storage Systems
- Custom applications
- And more...