- Ensures availability and allows you to consistently meet IT SLAs, reporting on service performance & capacity in real time.
- Detects problems before they impact services, by proactively monitoring all of your IT infrastructure and applications.
- Enables fast root-cause identification & resolution, seamlessly taking you from symptoms to the details you need for diagnosis.
- Reduces training/staffing needs, by providing a common tool for heterogeneous environments.
- Enables analysis from a business point of view, processing business metrics together with related IT infrastructure measurements.
How it works
TeamQuest Analyzer uses TeamQuest CMIS to obtain detailed data regarding the performance of applications and services that may be implemented across many distributed servers and other IT infrastructure.
TeamQuest Analyzer Architecture Diagram
Using the unique capabilities of TeamQuest CMIS, TeamQuest Analyzer is able to provide both real-time and historical vendor-agnositic views of performance across both virtualized and physical resources used throughout your organization. You can view analysis results from an enterprise dashboard that summarizes performance and capacity from an IT or business service point of view.
When impending problems are detected by TeamQuest Analyzer's performance monitoring function, the TeamQuest CMIS enables a seamless drill-down to the fine-grained details, including process-level data from servers, needed to diagnose and correct the problem.
Why its better
- Gives very accurate analysis of resource utilization, showing the consumption by IT and business services with precision.
- Sees the big picture and the details, with high-level dashboards drilling down to fine-grained, process-level details.
- Analyzes real-time performance of everything, providing a tool that can cross IT technology and application/service silos.
- Enables standardized IT Service Optimization, delivering consistent data & analysis throughout your organization.
- Advanced automated health monitoring and analysis using the TeamQuest Performance Indicator. (Requires TeamQuest Predictor and TeamQuest CMIS. See our TeamQuest Predictor page for more information.)
- Analyze problematic IT services or multi-tiered applications to identify the IT component causing the problem, regardless of where that component may reside.
- Automatically detect performance anomalies by comparing recent metrics with historical norms.
- Uses automated capacity analysis and performance monitoring to identify impending problems before they affect business.
- Compare actual performance to service levels in real time.
- Identify cycles and patterns in system behavior using trend analysis.
- Generate alarm events and send them to third-party consoles via SNMP traps or use the traps to automatically open trouble tickets in your Service Desk/Help Desk software.
- Determine how much of each resource is being consumed by each IT service, business process, department, or application.
- Customize your view of the IT infrastructure, such as by tier, by platforms, by hypervisor and guests, by location, or in terms of the IT services they support.
This TeamQuest Performance Indicator (TPI) Summary Report is useful for detecting potential bottlenecks in a service or application. TPI is an ideal health indicator for detecting bottlenecks. This particular report is designed to be used with one or more servers. It shows TPI calculated for all active resources, including CPU and all I/O devices.
For more information on TPI, see our TeamQuest Predictor page.
This Components of Response Summary report shows the service and delay time calculated for each CPU and I/O device. Automated components of response time analytics come along with TeamQuest Performance Indicator calculations when you augment TeamQuest CMIS with TeamQuest Predictor.
For more information, see our TeamQuest Predictor page.
This screen shot gives an example of TeamQuest Analyzer being used to view utilization by virtual machines in three different virtualized environments. One of TeamQuest Analyzer's strengths is its ability to handle many popular virtualized environments, including Hyper-V, KVM, PowerVM, Solaris Zones, and VMware.
This sample display illustrates TeamQuest Analyzer's ability to deliver fine-grained, process-level details needed to solve real problems. It can do this historically and also in real time, and the tool makes it easy to seamlessly transition to these details from higher-level management reports.
TeamQuest Analyzer Analyzes:
- IT and Business Service Performance
- Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows
- Virtual Environments
- IBM LPARs and WPARs on PowerVM
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (KVM)
- Solaris Zones, Containers and LDOMs
- VMware ESX and ESXi
- SQL Server
- Web Servers
- Network devices via SNMP
- Network traffic between tiers
- EMC Symmetrix
- Custom applications
- And more...