News & Reviews
Read what independent sources are saying about TeamQuest.
- Losing Applications in the Cloud: The Growing Necessity for Capacity Management.
CEO Jerred Ruble is interviewed about the benefits of capacity management. The article explains the keys to effective capacity management along with insight from industry analysts who cover the cloud and systems management.
- The Challenges of Aligning Business with IT
TeamQuest Vice President Wyndham Sellers explains the challenges of aligning business with IT and the steps departments can take to be successful. Sellers suggests it's up to IT to drive technology into various departments by educating the business heads on what can be accomplished.
- Survey Highlights Persistent Challenges with Server Consolidation and Virtualization
Fierce Telecom shared findings from the "Strategies to Improve IT Efficiencies in 2010" paper. Article explains the three challenges associated with server consolidation and virtualization.
- Consolidating Servers: Use Virtualization & Other Measures to Stop Server Sprawl
Director of Product Management Scott Adams explained the right tools to use when consolidating servers in this article from Processor Magazine. The article provided five tips to improve your server consolidation efforts.
- Improving IT Efficiency in a Virtual World
CTO Edge highlighted information from a study published by TeamQuest. The article notes that "planning for the future - and then making adjustments as necessary - is the best way to ensure success" when moving to a virtual environment.
- Director of Product Management Scott Adams talks with Processor magazine about preparing for the expected growth and demand for enterprise servers. "The first step on the journey is to get a handle on current capacity," he said. Find out what else Adams had to say about proper planning and also, how server and services management are affected by cloud computing.
- CIO Insight is asking readers to rate the maturity of their IT organization. TeamQuest released a white paper describing what companies can do to increase their IT maturity. Read the article and start your journey or get back on the road toward IT maturity. Find your level now and see what you can do to move forward. http://www.cioinsight.com/
- Baselinemag.com asked readers "How mature is your IT organization?" Find out the different levels of IT Capacity Management maturity in this article and slideshow. http://www.baselinemag.com/
- IT Best Practices Manager Ron Potter explains how organizations can successfully build a capacity management team. Discover the steps to take and pitfalls to avoid. http://www.processor.com/
- Going Green is all about using fewer of earth's resources. This Data Center Journal article follows an IT process based on industry best practices that is about optimizing IT infrastructure usage, which translates into less power and cooling consumed. http://datacenterjournal.com/
- TeamQuest CEO Jerred Ruble emphasizes the need for capacity planning to prevent the complexities associated with virtualization such as VM sprawl. The added layer to an already crowded environment and ease of VM deployment add to the complexities experienced by IT professionals. http://www.cioupdate.com/
- Are you afraid of ITIL? Network managers shouldn't be. Ron Potter takes a look at the role network manager should play when implementing ITIL.. The TeamQuest best practices manager explains how the services lifecycle approach to ITIL v3 influences today's network manager. (sign in required)
- TeamQuest senior engineer Scott Adams spoke to Processor about virtualization implementation, noting that enterprises need a good systems management tool to track and manage virtual servers. The right tool can help managers determine what will happen to response time when activity changes, when application activity exceeds virtual server capacity, what resources will be needed before that needs actually appears, and other factors.
- TeamQuest's Keith Hanna believes that telecommunication carriers need to plan ahead to optimize the underlying server computing infrastructure for SOA and IMS in the face of rapid subscriber adoption and extreme transaction processing. Several telecom operators have turned to TeamQuest for its optimization expertise.
- TeamQuest Best Practices manager Ron Potter believes that storage and ITIL fit well together. In fact, Potter says that ITIL-based Capacity Management can drive a more efficient use of resources regarding storage management duties.
- TeamQuest IT Best Practices manager Ron Potter briefly explains the difference between ITIL V3 and ITIL V2. He provides a recommendation for those who have already embraced V2 and those who are thinking of moving to the new version.
- Ron Potter, IT TeamQuest Best Practices manager, discusses how analytics and business intelligence play a role in Capacity Management in this ITSM Watch article.