February 26, 2014
The result of having the ability to answer the questions accurately provides the foundation of continuous IT Optimization.
- Reduce initial CapEx and ongoing OpEx, so you will make, and keeping making, more money!
- Optimize resources for systems of customer engagement
- Deploy and refresh new applications faster
- Respond faster to business spikes
- Prevent business-impacting outages and slowdowns.
The methodology allows for aligned business and IT analytics for enterprise IT optimization.
- Correlate business and IT performance
- Insight into how business process changes impact IT
- Understand and optimize costs by business unit / process and technology
- Insight into business performance across the technology stack.
Automated, Aligned IT Analytics:
- Analyze - optimize decision making, proactively manage true performance, predictively optimize performance and capacity, continuously cost-optimize IT resource decisions.
- Integrate - with the business, business KPI and financials feed IT decisions, IT performance and capacity in business context.
- Automate - repeatable, standardized, normalized, flexible, scalable
Our approach federates existing data into purpose-designed optimized process:
- Technology data (server, network, storage, etc.)
- Service data (catalog, metrics, tickets, etc.)
- Financial data
- Business data (analytics, KPIs, plans, TXNs, etc.)
Automating the analytics across all of these data sources creates a flexible and adaptive management platform for dynamic SDDC environments ultimately transforming raw or commodity data into actionable information for IT. It’s a single pane of glass for all of your IT optimization needs.
Automated, Predictive Analytics - A health forecast embedded analysis gives you a continuous rolling prediction with complete components of response time (latency) that tells you which services will run out of resources, when, and why.
Automated Financial Optimization - Forecasting total costs for applications is valuable for pre-purchase validation, repurposing, and consolidation efforts. Integrated with risk and service management data and fully automated.
IT Power Capacity Optimization - Be proactive on your power optimization - find your actual usage versus data center limits. Allocate power by application / service and project savings via optimization. You can analyze server / virtual server performance, power consumption from DCIM tools, service catalog and CMDB, and asset database together.
Automated Root Cause Analysis - analyze application response time against your SLA’s - spanning servers, virtual servers, network, storage, etc. Using real time application monitoring data, service catalog and CMDB data, you’ll be on top of where you stand versus your SLA.
Financial Optimization Reporting - automatically balance current and future costs with performance and capacity using server / virtual server performance, asset costing (CapEx / OpEx), service catalog and CMDB with power costing data.
Here’s the answers to the questions when you take your SDDC into continuous IT optimization: